Friday, September 12, 2008

Ginger Snaps

Watched an old favorite of mine this morning, Ginger Snaps. Two sisters and a werewolf - this is some good stuff. I absolutely love the characters, their wicked backtalk and wisecracks, and how they relate to one another. The opening credits are some of the coolest I've seen. If you haven't watched it and are a fan of the wereworlf genre, you should check this one out - a new twist on an old tale. (And the whole metaphor for becoming-a-woman-thing is pretty damn interesting too).

Images from the opening credits.

Bridgette


Ginger



*

4 comments:

Johnny said...

Yes. I stumbled on this movie a few years ago on the HBO.
I ALMOST ditched it immediately because at first glance, looked a little "I know what you did..."-ish. But it quickly became apperent this was different.
One of my prefered werewolf movies now.

Good call.

Jon Glassett said...

One of my absolute favorites!

I love the 3rd one, too. Less of the acerbic tone and black comedy of the first two but a TON of great atmosphere and visuals.

Drop Gallow said...

Love it.
I just covered the Fitzgerald sisters myself on one of my blogs.
Best first seven minutes of a movie ever...

The Captain said...

I actually just watched this for the first time this week. I enjoyed it and I put part 2 on my netflix list. I had one question at the end though, what happened to their mother? Did she just decide to blow off the girls and party with the high schoolers at the greenhouse kegger?