Friday, August 15, 2008

The Haunting of Julia

Revisited an old favorite of mine today. I think The Haunting of Julia is one of the best ghost stories on film. The look, the colors, the gauzy lens, the subtly, the pace, and the absolutely incredible & chilling score work with organic perfection that softly pulls you in and holds you silently, but firmly, to its chest. In it you will find horrors hidden in the quiet. Watch it alone on a windy night. Watch it on a cold rainy day, wrapped in blankets. Get lost in it. I promise it's worth it. And to top it all off, the film features one of the most beautiful end shots I've ever seen.





I should also add that after much searching a friend has finally found the score for me. I was desperate to have it for so long. Here is the title track, The Park.



*

3 comments:

where's Donnie? said...

I will have to check this out. Can it be found for rent/purchase? Could be something fun to watch this weekend.

Great to know you're a writer! It never really goes away. I got my BFA from Bowling Green here in Ohio, but never went for the MFA. I figured I would never make any money with either.

adrien said...

thanks for the mp3. That is one hell of a theme.

Randall said...

yes, I see you feel the same as I, about this film.
It has one of the most disturbing, -hard to put your finger on- affectations, in a ghost story.
Everything sort of works.
Thanks for the tune. One of the best sound tracks in film.