Wednesday, May 17, 2006

there's so much blood

Movies:

Mortuary (2005--Tobe Hooper) Amazing set, set up, and cast. Awful script.

I Bury The Living- Very cool. B&W, just like a long Twilight Zone episode.

Aswang- Strange and well made little low budget horror.

Derailed- Yuck. I want Jennifer Aniston to do more films like "The Good Girl." I loved that movie.

Want to read (so that means I need to buy):

Final Girl by Daphne Gottlieb. (Poetry.)

Check out this excerpt:


"i never took my clothes off

for a doctor but my body

became a secret

handshake

all the boys knew

and i didn't.

the ghost story

made me a ghost"



It's about a common stock character in 80's slasher films: the slutty girl. I think it's freakin' brilliant and I NEED this book of poetry. First time I've felt that in a very long time....

Listening to:
Stay (film score)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you like my work! cheers!