Monday, June 02, 2008

Christmas in June

One of my most favorite purchases ever was a 50 pack of movies I found 2 years ago in a bargain bin.


(I also got the 50 Horror Classics movie pack, but it was the lesser of the two for me.) I relished the countless nights of putting in the next dvd, sitting back and discovering what was there. A few favorites emerged: A Bell From Hell; Christmas Evil; Funeral Home; Silent Night, Bloody Night; and several more. I was so bummed when I had watched all 50.... my treasure pile exhausted.

So imagine my unabashed joy yesterday (while on the hunt for a copy of Pumpkinhead--why do I not own it yet?) when I found this:


It's a mix of films from the 30's, 40's, 70's, & 80's. To say that I am in heaven would be a colossal understatement. As I write this I'm watching a selection: a made for TV horror called Moon of the Wolf, with Geoffrey Lewis and Royal Dano ~ Mr. Tom Fury of the lightning rods from Something Wicked This Way Comes. (Made for TV horrors are another untapped treasure trove I'd love to get my hands on.) It's fun, groovy, and the stuff dreams are made of.


*

No comments: