Saturday, August 07, 2010

First Ghost Picture


I remember being little and seeing my very first "ghost" picture. It affected me greatly and all through grade school I sought out books on the subject. Whenever the "Weekly Reader" order form came, I scoured it for books on the supernatural. I would get so excited the next week when the books would come. Their crisp pages, clean, new covers...and that new book smell. I even remember buying one with this same photo on the cover.

I miss those books.


*

3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

That is so odd. That is my first ghost picture too....I think it kept me up at night.

Darn, I miss those too!!!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Cheers!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh wow...I used to love to get those kind of books from the Weekly Reader too and the Scholastic Book Fairs. Good memories!

Anonymous said...

I used to do the same thing but at our school it was something called "Scholastic Reader". You could order books for under a dollar or something like that. I used to grab up anything to do with ghosts or monsters.