Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Squidbillies....You Must Watch


Ok, so....it's not horror. But at least this episode has a horror-ish theme: Mephistopheles Traveled Below To A Southern State Whose Motto Is “Wisdom, Justice, and Moderation."

You see, I am a HUGE fan of Adult Swim's Squidbillies. It's a show about squids who live in Goergia. I know...just go with it. I'm from the South (and boy are there ALOT of references that I get...or I should say git), but you don't have to be from the South to love it, or enjoy the witty, intelligent, and hilarious writing. Plus the background art work by Ben Prisk is simply stunning. Also the original music by Shawn Coleman is awesome (and I'm not specifically talking about the songs featured in this epsiode, though they are brilliant spoofs) and Rot and I often let the original music section of the dvd (Season One) play while we work. And Unknown Hinson as Early Cuyler (the daddy squid) is the most dead on casting ever.

Do yourself a favor and go watch Mephistopheles Traveled Below To A Southern State Whose Motto Is “Wisdom, Justice, and Moderation" or any other episodes on Adult Swim. And even better, go buy Seasons One and Two. It's "gooder than hell!"




*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love adult swim and watch when I get the chance. But I don't get to see squidbillies that often.
I really like "super jail"

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

LOL! Husband does not understand this show!!! Probably the reason I love it.

Marci, one of my best friends and graveyard miniom......my tansplanted "southern girl" who helps me hang all the moss (correctly) in the haunt...and endless complains that I actaually pay to ship it to Oregon, when she used to "rake it out of the yard".

She, actually introduced me to this show, and has been over to watch this with me and has made me stop the video so she can explain why "that" was funny. I am learning!

I do the same thing with her an UK TV shows - brilliant!!

Long post....you can delete it if you want:)

bprisk said...

Thank you for the compliment!
Ben Prisk

bean said...

Mr. Prisk you are more than welcome. I absolutely love your work.