Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Must For The Holiday Season


I finally got to show Pumpkinrot (who as of a week and a half ago I can now call husband) a damn fine horror film titled Black Christmas. (And I do NOT mean that god awful remake from a couple of years ago.) It was made in 1974, well before Halloween, and to this day still is one of the most original and well made horror movies out there. It was well before its time in how the story is crafted, and holds up supurbly even 34 years later. If you are serious about your horror and have not seen this one, you really should get it.


Screencap from here.
*

6 comments:

Grim said...

I must get that... and Congratulations to both of you!

Mr. Macabre said...

Congratulations on getting married! I have seen most of the movies Pumpkinrot has recommended and have loved them so this one must be good also.

Drop Gallow said...

"Agnes, it's me, Billy. It's alright, Agnes. It's alright. Shhh, pretty Agnes. Agnes, don't tell what we did. Agnes? Agnes? Agnes!"

Your impeccable taste in movies continues.

The image of Claire rocking in that chair with that creepy-faced doll in her lap is one that's stayed with me a long time. I've always felt Living Dead Dolls should make a doll based on that image.

Grim said...

Got my copy today, just in time for Christmas... can't wait to watch it. The new stuff on the shop looks great as always!

crudedoodle.com said...

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - A family did not realize they had an unexpected Christmas guest until a man who had been in their attic for days emerged wearing their clothes, police said.

Stanley Carter surrendered Friday after police took a dog to search the home in Plains Township, a suburb of Wilkes-Barre about 100 miles north of Philadelphia. He was charged with several counts of burglary, theft, receiving stolen property and criminal trespass.

"When he came down from the attic, he was wearing my daughter's pants and my sweat shirt and sneakers," homeowner Stacy Ferrance said. "From what I gather, he was helping himself to my home, eating my food and stealing my clothes."

Halloween Queen said...

One of my all time favorites! The voice on the other end of the phone are so terrifying, scares me just thinking about it!